Health & Safety
- Health and Safety Matters - Spring 11 Edition
- Health and Safety Matters - Autumn 08 Edition
- Health and Safety Matters - Autumn 07 Edition
- Health and Safety Matters - Spring 07 Edition
- Letter to the Attorney General
- National H&S Inspection Day
- Update for Federation Safety Reps - 1/2006
Welcome to the Health & Safety section of the web site, in these pages you will find some good general guidance on Health & Safety legislation, it is by no means an exhaustive list but it should give you an insight into the main subjects that we deal with in the Police Service.
Because Health & Safety legislation covers not only the Police Service, but all other working activities, legislation is constantly being changed or revised & whilst we try to keep these pages up to date there are occasions when we are over run with legislative changes.
For those of you who have never read any Health & Safety Legislation it can be very difficult to follow and understand if you find yourself in this situation please speak to your local Police Federation or Unison Safety representative they should be able to offer advice or if you prefer please call me on the numbers provided below.
Relevant Legal Background Documents
- Striking The Balance Between Operational & Health & Safety Duties
- Working Time Regulations
- Working Time Regulations - Annex 3
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Since 1 July 1999, The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1984 has applied to members of Police Forces. If you have a concern about a health and safety matter (be it concerning your working environment at your place of duty or operational matters), then you should raise it with your Workplace Safety Representative.